Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day Turf and Surf


I am now an official "culinary blogger" as Urban would call it. After being harrassed from fellow bloggers this weekend for not posting food, I decided to post our Valentines day meal. I made bacon wrapped filets with homemade sushi and chocolate covered rasberries with peanut butter, toffee, or whip cream fillings.

Since we have about a foot of snow grilling was out of the question, I seared the filets in a pan with purified butter and garlic cloves. To finish I put them in the broiler on high for a couple of minutes until they had a nice pink center.


The sushi was my first experiment with preparing it myself. Overall it was a success, but I will need more practice with the "rolling" of the sushi. We went the traditional route with a combination of Ahi, Mahi Mahi, seedless cucumbers, cream cheese, and avocado.














2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the party Romer! Although I'm pretty sure we took a vote as to weather or not you were kicked off the blog for not posting and we gave you the boot:) Food looks good, we did surf and turf also, filets and scallops made a little garlic/herb butter to top the filets with, nice and simple and delicious. Oh yea, and pretty sure Andy is a d-bag for using the term "culinary blogger."

    ReplyDelete
  2. And he says he doesn't give in to peer pressure. nice post romer. hey jeff, the d-bag store called, they are all out of you!

    ReplyDelete