Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sushi Fridays






Since Leeann is Catholic, she can't eat meat for the next few Fridays until Easter. So we have instituted "Sushi Fridays" in our house. Presented here you will find a spicy shrimp roll, crab and avocado roll, and a squid roll. I made a topping of toasted panko bread crumbs and eel sauce for a few of the rolls. Since we all know sushi and what goes in the rolls, I will only post the recipe for the eel sauce, which turned out great. The toasted panko bread crumbs were a very nice addition, providing a nice crunchy contrast to the rolls.

Eel Sauce:
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup mirin
1/2 cup white sugar

Directions: Pour in a saucepan and reduce by half. Boom....eel sauce.

3 comments:

  1. that puts my sushi to shame. is that homemade pickled ginger?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, not homemade pickled ginger. Eating the fake stuff only makes me want to make my own that much more....... Look for a post soon. I got a lot of good feedback from my post on The Kitchn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the toasted panko idea, those rolls hearty, which is a good thing, nothing worse than a little dinky roll with nuttin but seaweed.

    ReplyDelete