Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Last weeks Pizza





I made pizza again last Friday. The dough turned out really well, I'm getting pretty good with stretching it and what not. I was a little dissapointed overall though. I used a different kind of cheese, which I do not think was as good, and I used different tomatoes for my sauce, that were a little too watery. The sauce was good though on it's own. I heated some EVOO, then I added a boatload of garlic and some chili flake and the oregano to "bloom" the flavors. Mixed that with the tomato puree, some salt, sugar, and some fresh basil. Made it a couple days before to let the flavor come together. I'll be making this style again next week cause Kristin's step dad is coming over, then I'll be switching to DEEP DISH.

2 comments:

  1. can't wait to see the deep dish. are you just going to use the pizza stone or did you steal a pan from your local pizza hut?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have a 10" spring form pan that I'm thinking about using, or I might pick up a pan, dark steel pans are supposedly the best, restaurant supply store is probably the best place to pick them up at a decent price, or online somewhere.

    ReplyDelete