Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Southern Hospitality


Southern Hospitality

Snow day number two for me today, well, yesterday work was open, but I took a personal day, but today the agency was closed J Anyway, here’s a straight southern meal for ya. I made Bobby Flay’s Ribs from this video- http://www.foodnetwork.com/indoor-grilling-guide/package/index.html They turned out pretty good, not great, but good. And for my sides I made Tyler Florence’s Collard Greens from here- http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/slow-cooked-collard-greens-recipe/index.html Except I used bacon instead of ham hocks and I added some crushed red pepper. Really delicious greens. And rounded it off with some of the leftover mac and cheese I made for the super bowl which was bacon, roux, milk, about 5 cups of cheddar/Monterey jack, 4 eggs, some butter, 1 lbs of macaroni all added into a casserole dish and topped with more Monterey jack and parmesan. Pretty tasty, but I think I prefer some creamy stove top mac and cheese.

2 comments:

  1. Now THAT is a plate of food. I'm guessing you had a little couch sitting going on after that one. What was up with the ribs? not tender or flavor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They actually turned out pretty tender, just didn't make my tongue slap my brains out.

    ReplyDelete