Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Tasso Penne Pasta



So I purchased a new stainless steel cookware set with my 2nd place fantasy football winnings.  Cookware is by Tramontina, and is sold online through Walmart.  It is Tri-ply and from all the reviews I read very comparable in quality to All-Clad, and costs about 1/3 the price.  They offer two sets, the one I bought has a 12qt stock pot, 5qt dutch oven, 4qt pot, 2qt pot, 10in sauté, 12in sauté and lids for everything but the sauté pans.  The main reason I chose this set is because it included a 12” skillet, and I’ve been wanting me a big ass skillet.
 
Tasso Penne Pasta is not a name I came up with, but rather the name given to a pasta dish on the room service menu at the Marriott River Center where Kristin and I basically lived for 4 months before we got our house.  She probably ordered it 3 times a week and occasionally she has a hankerin for it. It’s a pretty tasty dish and is one of my favorite pastas as well.

Serves 5
Ingredients

Penne (12-15 oz)
2 Chicken breasts
1 cup diced tasso ham (or any smoked ham you can find)
½ large onion- diced
½ red bell pepper- diced
2 cloves garlic
1 can whole or diced green chilis
1 cup white wine
2 cups chicken stock
1 small carton heavy cream
Knob of butter
½ tsp cayenne
½ tsp paprika
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 green onions
1 tomato- diced
Parsley
Olive Oil
Salt/pepper

1.    In a 12” stainless steel skillet cook your chicken breasts in the oil, about 6 minutes on each side.  Remove and set aside.  If you don’t have a 12” stainless steel skillet go get you one!
2.     Add diced ham to the skillet and allow to brown, add onion and bell pepper, cook until translucent then add garlic, green chilies, cayenne and paprika.  Cook for a minute more then add the wine and scrape up the goodies. 
3.      After wine has reduced add chicken stock and allow mixture to simmer for about 10 minutes while you cook the penne.
4.     Add the cooked penne, heavy cream, and sliced chicken back to the pan, cook for 5-10 minutes, adding the butter at the end.
5.      Garnish pasta with feta cheese, diced green onion, tomato, and chopped parsley.
6.      Serve with some dank ass garlic bread and enjoy

2 comments:

  1. I love using taso ham! Your cookware looks nice man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I forgot to mention that I am very happy with the cookware, nice set!

    ReplyDelete