Sunday, December 18, 2011

Humbolt Fog and Hot Pepper Jelly



We had a few people over for brunch today, and I made a cheese tray. Thought I would share it with everyone. I included one of my favorite goat cheeses, Humbolt Fog from Cypress Groves in California, and served it alongside my very own Hot Pepper Jelly (recipe below). The jelly is delicious and super easy to make. Put all the ingredients in a pot, boil until the jelly reaches 220 degrees, and then ladle the liquid jelly into jars. I also made the cheese board myself. I picked up an old tin platter from the thrift store for around 2 bucks and painted it with chalkboard paint. Cheese boards have never looked so good...

Hot Pepper Jelly:

2 red bell peppers, cored, seeded, and finely diced
1 green bell pepper, same
3 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon dried, red chile flakes
1 3oz. packet of liquid pectin

2 comments:

  1. That cheese tray is killer! I'm impressed and am totally going to copy. What, no local Indiana goat cheese on that plate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good. Beth reccomends the hot pepper jelly from Trader Joes. I have to admit that HPJ is great on anything. I'll have to try this Humbolt Fog.

    ReplyDelete